Thursday, October 11, 2007

Compromise??

I have found it to be in my life that there are many things that I have compromised on, daily things that I want to do (and should do), yet due to either my own laziness or just by the influence of others I compromise. Where do we draw the line? Where is it, is there a line? On a personal level where do we draw the line? Yet on a more spiritual level where do we draw the line? There are many things that I "think" I hold to theologically, now and here at this point but I believe that my world is being shaken up. I'm finding that there are very few things that are truly necessary to stand up and fight for. These things I would stand up for are the essentials of our faith. The deity of Christ, the doctrine of the Trinity, the sovereignty of God and the Holy Scriptures (on this I hope to discuss). Where do we as a "church" stand in this whole state of compromise? DO we compromise?

Yet when it comes to other things I'm struggling with their importance. There are things from the Bible that we take as hard cold fact, yet some of these aspects (debatable issues such as eschatology, epistemology, free will/election etc.) become more of a fall point rather than something that strengthens our faith.

No comments: